Smoky Mountain Fall Events
Fall is about to come back into town and we can’t even begin to express how excited we are for it, how about y’all? The decorations, scents, colors, football, and everything else are enough to make us wish that it was Autumn all year round (but then we remember that we love that sunshine!) One of the best parts about visiting the Great Smoky Mountains during this fantastic season is that we have so many things going on in the area to help get you into that harvest spirit. You’ll see beautiful decor at every corner, the leaves changing colors all around you, special events focusing on the new season that the whole family will love, and so much more. It’s no wonder why September and October are such a popular time to come and see us. Now all you need is to find a clean and comfortable place to rest your head at. How about you give us a try, we can check those boxes right off your list and maybe even a few more! When you stay with us at Bear Crossing, we offer affordable two and three bedroom luxury condos that come complete with a private balcony overlooking the serene little pigeon river (except for units 501 & 503.) As a thank you for booking with us, you’ll also receive FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area, as well as a Free dinner and drink each night at Mama’s Farmhouse, saving you up to $275 a day! Our property is located right smack dab in the middle of downtown Pigeon Forge at traffic light #5, giving you easy walking access to so many destinations. As we discussed above, there’s going to be so much going on in town to get you ready for the new season. Let’s take a look at some exciting Smoky Mountain Fall Events that will be going on!
- Fall Rod Run – One of the biggest events that happen in Pigeon Forge is coming up very soon. That’s right, from September 13-15th, it’s car show time once again! Join us for a weekend full of excitement and cars galore! There will be everything from vintage classics to muscle cars and everything else you can imagine. Cruise along the parkway and check out what everyone has to offer. There’s also a lot of buying and trading that goes on so maybe you’ll leave here with a new beauty. The actual event will be hosted once again at the Leconte Center and will feature a large swap meet as well as a $10,000 cash giveaway! If you’re a car enthusiast, this is just where you’ll want to be.
- Dollywood’s Harvest Festival – If isn’t a trip to Pigeon Forge if you don’t visit the park that really helped to put us on the map so to speak. Dollywood will be hosting their annual Harvest Festival which is one of our absolute favorite Smoky Mountain Fall Events! From September 28th through November 3rd, the park will be covered head to toe with beautiful decorations and gorgeous mountain views where you’ll see the leaves changing colors all around you. There will be over 350 free gospel concerts, so all you need is a park ticket to take advantage of them. The food, don’t even get us started about the delicious food with harvest specialties. At night, if you visit the Timber Canyon part of the park, you’ll get to see their Great Pumpkin LumiNights. This will feature thousands of spooktacular jack-o’-lanterns with all different carvings hanging throughout the area. Other goodies will be in store, so don’t forget to visit Dollywood this Fall!
- Taste of Autumn – Are you ready to welcome the new season back in an extremely entertaining way?! Join us at the Gatlinburg Convention Center on Thursday, September 15th from 5 pm to 8 pm for this special event that everyone is sure to love. We’ll be celebrating with signature dishes from the surrounding restaurants in town as well as wonderful entertainment. It’s $30 per ticket, but children five and under get in for free! Get ready for a fantastic night full of Fall festivities that we simply cannot wait to take part in. Even better, Gatlinburg is BEAUTIFUL during the Fall so just that view alone will be enough to get you into the spirit.
- Ober Gatlinburg’s Annual Oktoberfest – Climb aboard the aerial tramway at traffic light #9 in Gatlinburg to be whisked away to an event unlike anything you’ve ever seen before here in town. From September 21st through October 28th, they will be hosting this popular festival that will feature Bavarian inspired music, food, entertainment, and even a Bier Garten! You can get a sample card or buy a boot of beer, you’ll love getting to try the harvest drinks. The Seasons of Ober restaurant will also be changing to their Bavarian menu which will feature wiener or jager schnitzel, brat ‘n kraut balls, reubens, kassler ripchen, and much more! They will have indoor and outdoor entertainment and their main band will perform at the restaurant up to four times a day depending on the day. Just make sure to take a peek at their website to see what time. You won’t want to miss this event!
- Fall Craftsmen’s Fair – Located at the Gatlinburg Convention Center at traffic light #8, over 200 artisans from all over the country will gather here to show off their special talents and crafts. You’ll be able to pick up one of a kind pieces to take home with you as well as see special demonstrations of their beautiful art. There will also be live bluegrass and country music performances each day during this wonderful event. Don’t forget to stop by anytime between October 4th through the 21st to pick up some goodies and have a great time while doing so!
- Wears Valley Fall Fest – One of the absolute most beautiful areas in town to visit during the Fall is Wears Valley, so this festival is one you certainly won’t want to miss. Make sure to head out there from October 19th through the 21st to enjoy three full days of FREE autumn fun! It will be open 10 am to 6 pm on Friday and Saturday and 10 am – 4 pm on Sunday. There will be crafts, entertainers, fantastic food, and plenty of exciting activities to take part of. The whole fall will absolutely love this event and it will definitely get everyone into the harvest spirit. If you’ve never been to Wears Valley before, it’s a must visit, trust us! The mountain views will take your breath away, it might just become your new favorite place.
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some exciting Smoky Mountain Fall Events that are coming up shortly! We can’t believe it’s already almost time to welcome another season back, but it’s one we all absolutely love here. The leaves changing colors on the mountains is something that everyone needs to see at least once in their lifetime, it’s a truly magical thing to see. All the decorations and decor around town will instantly put you in a good mood and you’ll be anxiously waiting for the holidays to begin. There’s nothing like the Great Smoky Mountains in the Fall! So what are you waiting for? Book Your Fall Vacation now or give us a call at 1.866.453.9696 and one of our friendly reservationists would love to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Bear Crossing, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to let us know what you think about our Smoky Mountain Fall Events, we always enjoy getting to hear your feedback.